Looking forward to Volunteer with Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra?
If yes, please go through the points mentioned below
We look out for individuals having a keen interest and curious minds in wildlife and environmental conservation to work as volunteers with us. Please note that we are currently focusing our efforts on Pangolin Conservation and propagation. SNM will not provide any stipend to the individuals during the period of volunteering. Volunteers have to bear all the expenses. Please check out the following points to evaluate whether you fit in our criteria of volunteering.
Any individual of or above 18 years with a genuine interest may work as a volunteer with SNM. In case you are fascinated by our work but your age is less than 18 years, prior written permission from your parents or guardians is necessary. There is no upper age limit provided you are physically fit and are enthusiastic towards volunteering activities.
- Educational background:
Students with diverse educational background are encouraged to work as volunteers as long as they have an ability to work in collaborative environment and at times work independently to achieve the pre-defined goals. Working professionals may also be considered provided their areas of interest match with the SNM’s requirement and availability of work at that point of time.
- Volunteering duration:
The individual must be able to dedicate at least one week (a minimum of 6-8 hours daily) for the organization. However, there are no restrictions on the maximum duration for volunteering with us.
- Language proficiency:
The individual must be fluent in spoken and written Marathi if interested to work on field along with the local communities. We welcome candidates with proficiency in spoken as well as written English and Hindi for our work on documentation aspects.
- The office work would involve general office administration, maintaining the e-library of photos as well as a library of references and some field guides and some work pertaining to data entry of the ongoing projects.
- You may be asked to maintain the AV library as well.
- SNM regularly conducts field studies in the coastal regions of Maharashtra as well as in the Sahyadri Mountain Ranges. If you are interested to join the team working on the field, prior field experience and an ability to survive on the field under basic conditions is a must. You may be asked to collect some field data or interview a few locals for the organization’s research purposes. You may also be asked to provide logistic support during various awareness campaigns conducted by SNM.
- Initially, the travel (to and fro from hometown and the local travel), food and accommodation expenses incurred during the volunteering shall be borne entirely by the individuals, if working at the SNM’s office. However, SNM’s staff will guide you for reaching the Chiplun office and places of accommodation nearby. If working on the field, the costs of local travel, food, and accommodation would be taken care of. Depending on your potential, dedicated efforts towards the work and an ability to commit for the long-term duration, SNM may later pay for your local travel, food and accommodation expenses.
- The individual should be completely devoted to the work assigned to him/her and should finish it within the given time frame.
- SNM will not provide any stipend to the individuals during the period of volunteering.
In case you feel that you fit in the above criteria,
please feel free to fill this
Volunteer Application form
If our team perceives your eligibility, we would further communicate about it.
SNM always welcomes innovative ideas from anyone for their projects. If you have any such ideas for protecting our environment, please feel free to share them along with your detailed CV and contact details. We look forward to welcome you aboard to start with a beautiful yet challenging journey of environmental conservation.